Cleaning is one of the most hectic chores that takes a lot of time. This is the reason people are increasingly resorting to vacuum cleaners for accomplishing such tasks quickly with less effort. Since there is a wide range of vacuum cleaners in the market, we have listed out some of the best ones in this article, to ease your decision-making process.
Table of Contents
What are The Types of Vacuum Cleaners?
1. Canister Vacuum Cleaner:
- It is somewhat heavy equipment, installed with wheels for easy movement, and has a cylinder with a motor and storage container. Being an all-purpose vacuum cleaner, it can clean ceiling fans, staircases, upholstery, and others with different attachments.
2. Handheld Vacuum Cleaner:
- These are compact, lighter models that can be used for cleaning interiors of cars, sofa, and other similar locations. Newer models are available in cordless versions too but the battery is often not enough to clean the whole house in one go.
3. Upright Vacuum Cleaners:
- You do not need to bend for cleaning anything with these devices as they stand upright. Suitable for cleaning halls and carpets as their nozzle head is close to the ground. The mobility of such devices is limited and they cant reach tough corners. They are heavy and generally foot operated.
4. Stick Vacuum:
- These resemble upright vacuum cleaners and are battery operated. They are lightweight and can be easily stored at the top of furniture like cupboards. The adjustable hand ensures that even short-statured people can use it easily.
5. Robotic Vacuum Cleaner:
- These are the most advanced vacuum cleaners and are available in the shape of a disc. They are battery-powered and smart enough to clean the house even when you are not physically present. After sensing a low battery, they recharge on their own by moving to the docking station.
Best Vacuum Cleaners in India
1. Dyson V7 Animal Cord-Free Vacuum Cleaner
This vacuum cleaner consists of an extended pipe that lets you clean without having to bend. It is perfect for all kinds of floors. You can transform it into a handheld vacuum cleaner easily as per your requirement. Its powerful suction enables cleaning quickly even in places that are not easily reachable. The use of Dyson V7 Animal’s 2 Tier Radial™ cyclones technology for capturing the dust particles of microscopic size makes it an amazing device.
- Dimensions: 23 cm x 19 cm x 120 cm
- Weight: 2.3 Kg
- Color: Purple
- Spin Rate: 110,000 revolutions per minute
- Attachments: Combination Tool, Crevice Tool, Mini Motorised Tool, Mini Soft Dusting Brush
- Certification: Asthma & allergy-friendly
- Warranty: 2 year
2. Eureka Forbes Trendy Zip Vacuum Cleaner
This is a powerful vacuum cleaner, quite efficient in deeply cleaning dust and dirt easily through its suction force. The onboard storage of all accessories helps in keeping them in ready to use position. It can be carried without removing the hose pipe so that you can accomplish cleaning tasks in less time. The device has a horizontal as well as vertical parking position.
- Dimensions: 30 cm x 21 cm x 18.5 cm
- Weight: 2.5 Kg
- Power: 1000-Watt
- Voltage: 230 V AC
- Color: Black/Red
- Attachments: Floor and carpet brush, Multipurpose nozzle, Flexible hose pipe, Extension tubes.
- Warranty: 1 year
3. American MICRONIC AMI-VCD21-1600WDx Vacuum Cleaner
This is a versatile wet and dry vacuum cleaner with a powerful motor made of 100% copper. It is suitable for home as well as office. There are various functional attachments provided with it for cleaning curtains, corners of rooms, rugs, sofa, and air vents. Using the crevice nozzle, suction can be performed easily in corners that are not easy to reach.
- Dimensions: 57.6 cm x 38.1 cm x 40.6 cm
- Power: 1600 watts
- Capacity: 21 liter
- Body Material: Stainless Steel
- Color: Red/Black
- Attachments: Floor or carpet brush, 2 extension pipes of 1.5 feet, flexible hose pipe of 5 feet, Wet brush with two separate mouths, upholstery nozzle, Crevice Nozzle, Washable dust bag, HEPA filter.
- Warranty: 1 year
4. Eureka Forbes DX Vacuum Cleaner
This is an amazing vacuum cleaner with a strong blower as well as suction functionality. It can be used for clearing wet spills as well as dry dust particles from various places. You can easily move it around because of the 360-degree swivel wheels. The suction motor can draw a water column of 1800 mm.
- Dimensions: 505 mm x 390 mm x 405 mm
- Weight: 8.08 Kg
- Power: 1150 W motor
- Voltage: 230 V
- Efficiency of Blower: 650 Litres/min
- Color: Black and Red
- Attachment: Multi-purpose Brush, Crevice Nozzle, Upholstery Brush, Carpet or Floor Brush.
- Warranty: 1 year
5. Philips PowerPro FC9352/01 Vacuum Cleaner
This is a compact vacuum cleaner without any dust bags like its conventional counterparts. The Powercyclone 5 technology used in the device does the best quality of cleaning by cleaning separating the dust from the air. There is a multi clean nozzle for cleaning the floor thoroughly. It is well designed to ensure that the dust remains in place and is emptied in a controlled manner, ensuring complete hygiene.
- Dimension: 410 mm x 281 mm x 247 mm
- Weight: 4.5 kg
- Power: 1900 Watt
- Maximum Suction Power: 370 Watt
- Sound Level: 82 dB
- Max Airflow: 37 l/s
- Color: Blue
- Warranty: 2 year
6. Inalsa Spruce Vacuum Cleaner
This is a handy vacuum cleaner that is durable enough to last long and helps you your regular chores in very little time. The suction motor and the capacity of the device is sufficient to clean a standard home in one go, without having to empty the dust bag repeatedly. It can be conveniently used for cleaning ceilings, curtains, corners, sofas, and other areas that are not easily reachable.
- Dimensions: 23.5 cm x 34.5 cm x 20.5 cm
- Weight: 2.8 kg
- Capacity: 2 liter
- Power: 1200 W
- Color: Red/Black
- Attachments: Crevice Nozzle cum Upholstery Brush, Sofa Brush,2 extension pipes, flexible hose pipe with Curved Hand Grip, Multi Brush for Carpet or Floor, Blower Plate.
- Warranty: 2 year
7. AmazonBasics Vacuum Cleaner
This is an elegant vacuum cleaner with high energy efficiency. It thoroughly absorbs the coarse as well as fine dust particles through its triple action nozzle. The HEPA-12 filter is washable. Besides fabric dust bag, it also has two paper dust bags. Its variable suction makes it a versatile device for a variety of surfaces. You can easily have a transition from carpets to huge rugs or plain floor surface just by pressing a foot switch.
- Capacity: 1.5 l
- Power: 700 Watt
- Noise level: 78 decibels
- Energy Consumption: 25 kWh/year
- Color: Black
- Warranty: 2 years
8. Karcher WD 3 Multi-Purpose Vacuum Cleaner
This is a multi-purpose vacuum cleaner with a powerful motor that cleans dry as well as the wet surface. The capacity of the filter is enough to clean a sufficient amount of liquid or dry particles without having to replace it. It can result in perfectly clean areas because of the suction hose and floor nozzle clips with mixed inserts.
- Dimensions: 34 cm x 38.8 cm x 50.3 cm
- Weight: 5.8 kg
- Power: 1000 Watt
- Capacity: 17 liters
Vacuum Cleaner Buying Guide – India
Focus on the following factors while looking for a vacuum cleaner:
1. Container Type:
It can be with a bag or bagless. In a bagless model, the canister needs to be emptied after the job is done so you don’t have to purchase new vacuum bags. But cleaning the canister may be a cumbersome task, especially if you are prone to allergy.
When there is a bag in a vacuum cleaner, you will have to replace it after a certain period, and finding the bag for certain models may be difficult.
It is better to go for a bagless model when you have a large home but in case you are allergic to dust, go for a model with a bag.
2. Wet and Dry Vacuum Cleaner:
Depending on your need you need to choose a model with either or both of these features. One with both functionalities is generally available at higher prices.
3. HEPA Filter:
It is necessary for capturing dust particles of microscopic size, resulting in an ultra-clean area. This is possible because they are made using glass fiber arranged in mesh form. Other types of filters include disk filter, charcoal filter, foam filter, and a cloth filter.
4. Noise Levels:
Generally, vacuum cleaners with high power make some noise. Still, you can specifically check it if you don’t want any loud noise.
An ideal vacuum cleaner should have a lower weight(2-3 kg) when it is handheld and in other heavier models, it should have 360-degree movable wheels for easy relocation while cleaning.
There should be enough accessories in a vacuum cleaner for cleaning various surfaces, or wet surfaces also, based on its features.
These include the Upholstery tool, Crevices tool, Dusting brush, turbo brush, fine-tooth combs/ stiff brushes. In case you are not getting these with the product, they need to be bought separately.
Go for a device with various features such as height adjustment, a better cleaning radius, auto shut down, alert for full bag and filter cleaning, cyclonic action, edge cleaning, and others.
8. Always opt for low or easy maintenance models
9. Warranty and After-Sale Services:
A warranty should be there to deal with unprecedented problems without any extra expenditure.
You may find a featured model expensive, but it caters to your requirements well and is durable, you must go for it as it will be a fruitful investment.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Ans: Depending on the dust accumulation, you can decide this but generally, once a week would do.
Ans: This generally happens when the dust bag has reached its limit. So you need to clean or replace it to avoid such noise.
Ans: It is based on the bag’s capacity and the amount of dust filled in it. You can check at bi-monthly/ monthly intervals based on how many times you have used it.
- Robot Vacuum Cleaners That Are Easy To Operate
- Best Cordless Vacuum Cleaners in India
- Best Handheld Vacuum Cleaners In India
- Best Vacuum Cleaners for Sofa in India