Study table lamp is basically an electrical appliance which is used to focus light on a particular area which is mostly used while studying and not disturbing others in the surrounding.
Table of Contents
Why Should You Buy Study Table Lamps?
Libraries, bedrooms and offices are the most common places where study lamps are used. These lamps are designed to focus light till a certain area leaving the human eyes unharmed. Apart from the study purposes, these lamps are also put into action in order to decorate homes adding to the beauty of the well decorated house!
Top 10 Best Table Lamps For Study in India
Let us have a look at the top 10 study table lamps in India.
1. Philips 61013 Air 5-watt LED Desk Light
Apart from saving 80% of energy as compared to other bulbs, this desk light pays for itself and saves money as the years pass by, so get your energy bills reduced and start saving.
- cool day light, lumens 250Lm ( 20 LED’s)
- electric not rechargeable
- minimalistic design with 5 watts power and AC adapter
- foldable and requires less space
- 2 years warranty
2. Wipro Garnet 6W LED Table Lamp-3 Grade Dimming and Color Changing
It is made up of ABS thermoplastic which ensures long lasting durability, this is an amazingly designed table lamp with dimming control over its LED lights.
- Adjustable dimming : three levels
- Touch controlled
- 6 watts power and 220-240 (VAC) voltage
- Not rechargeable
- 3 grade color change and soft glare free light
- Includes LED table lamp and adapter
- 1 year warranty
3. OPPLE Reading Light LED Rechargeable Flicker Free Desk Book Lamp (White)
This 360 degree adjustable twisted tube lamp comes with a built in 500 MAH rechargeable durable battery life and touch switch system. Promises uniform light output and protection of eyes. A clip base/stand adds on to its features.
- Touch switches
- 3 levels of adjustable brightness
- Built in 500 mAh rechargeable battery with USB interface design
- Clip base/stand makes it easy to use
- Consumes less space
- 360 degrees rotatable light
- 2 year warranty
- Its design creates a feeling of trendiness.
4. Sunsenses Doctor Table Lamp for Reading / Study / Learning and Work
This glossy designed table lamp comes with solid metal finish with LED and CFL lights. can be used for studying, by doctors, casual table lamps etc.
- Uses LED, CLF and filament bulbs
- Switch on base for clean finish
- 2-pin 5amp plug
- Black metal body
- Glossy design
- Recommended for teachers students and doctors
5. SYSKA POWERLIGHT TABLE LAMP (10W) LED with Stage Dimming Light
This stylish designed dimmable 3 stage emergency table lamp opens with 20pcs. This lamp world after power cuts also because of it’s built in lithium rechargeable battery.
- 10 W warm LED light and 20 pieces LED.
- Touch control system.
- Works on both AC and DC mode.
- Micro USB charging.
- Built in rechargeable battery.
- 3 stages of adjusting brightness.
- 1 year manufacturer warranty.
6. Figment Plastic Rechargeable LED Desk Lamp
This foldable light comes with night light, eye protection features and touch switch system.
its 3 level dimming adds and 1200mAh battery makes it more attractive and user friendly.
- 3 levels light adjustment
- Product material : plastic
- 1200 mAh battery capacity
- Touch switch
- 90-240 output voltage
- 3 Watts power
7. Bajaj Softlite Mini LED Rechargeable Desk and Table Lamp
This easily transportable table lamp comes with 4 levels of light and touch switch. The glare free light not provides focused light but also is comfortable to human eyes.
- 2 watts power
- 6 months warranty on the lamp
- Switch system: touch with 4 level intensity
- Glare free output light, comfortable to human eyes
- Flexible body with and additional pen stand
- Rechargeable with a micro USB point.
- Wasy to use and transport because of its elegant design
8. Billie Jean Reading and Study Matte Black Table Lamp
This matte finished table lamp gives you options to use either LED or filament bulbs. Not only the appearance but the performance also attracts customers towards this table lamp. Moreover its modern features make it a must buy product.
- Supports Wi-Fi enabled smart bulbs (LED)
- Aluminum shade and holder for no heating
- Matte black finish
- B22 plug type and holder
- On and off switches
- 40 Watts power
- Completely electric
9. Philips Geometry 1.5-Watt Desk Lamp
Light can have many temperatures which decide the color of the light, this Philips table lamp provides you cool white light that keeps your surroundings more realistic and engaged.
- 1.5 watts power and 5 volts operating voltage
- LED bulbs with extra low energy consumption
- Iintegrated LED
- Lifetime of 15000 hours
- Light source is as much as a 2 watt bulb
- 5V, 50-60 hz mains power
- Electric in nature
- Comes with and attached chord
10. Wipro Symphony 6-Watt Rechargeable LED Table Lamp (White)
Unlike most table lamps, this table lamp comes with a high quality battery (rechargeable) which takes around 8-10 hours to charge completely. It’s the deep discharge protection and the feather touch switch and over charge which males this lamp more attractive performance wise.
- LED lights with plug attached.
- 6 watts power and 220-240 voltage usage.
- Overcharge and deep discharge options.
- 12 hrs. working duration for strong light and 120 for weak.
- Built in 3.7V 3000mAh easily replaceable lithium battery.
- Recharging time of 8-10 hours.
- 6 months warranty.
Study Lamp Buying Guide India – How To Choose A Desk Lamp?
Before going on to purchase the best lamp for you there are a few things that one must keep in mind. Below mentioned are some of the attributes that you must consider before bagging in your choice.
- Before you go onto a bag in a lamp it is always better to know what purpose you want the lamp to serve, for that will help you select only the best and apt option for you. For instance if you need a night lamp or a study table lamp.
2. Height of The Lamp:
- It is important to measure the height of the shade from the base surface keeping in check the eye level.
- Make sure that the lamp you bag in goes well with the theme of your room or the hall or wherever it is supposed to be placed; for sometimes too many colors or too little color might just spoil the entire look.
4. Select The Look:
- It is important to decide what kind of look you want your lamp to portray as there are various kinds of shades available in the market like the opaque shades or the shade in minimum light and many others.
5. Light Bulb:
- Depending on your need or purpose of the lamp you must decide wisely the kind of light bulb that you would want to fix in the lamp. For instance, if the lamp has to be used for reading then a light bulb of 60 watt or more would do. Various options like the LED bulbs or the energy saving ones are available as well.
6. Determining The Spot:
- Before you move onto deciding the lamp to bag in, it is primary for you to decide where you want to place it. Depending on that you can choose the best for you; for the spot will help you shortlist on the designs or the colors for that matter of fact.
- Before selecting your option it is important for you to know certain things about the lampshade like the diameter of the shade must at least be 2 inches or the fact that the narrower the base of the shade the lesser will be the illuminated area.
It is always better to have an extensive look and an in-depth knowledge of anything before you spend any penny on it. On the contrary, buying things online wouldn’t provide you with physical examination but at the same time it provides you with people’s personal experiences! Therefore, it is of utmost importance to extensively read the reviews and buy only the best!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Ans: Now for you to decide the perfect height for your lamp, it is important for you to know the height of the table it is going to be placed on. For the best rule that can be used while the purchase is- the thumb rule i.e. make sure that the height of the table and the lamp combine is not more than 58-64 inches. (holds true for table, floor, buffet lamps).
Ans: Most of the time people end up buying the wrong size of lampshade for the base. It is always advised to choose a lampshade that has a diameter of no larger than 2 inches less than the base length. Therefore if your base is 12 inches then your shade must not be more than 10 inches in any case. Also, the color of the shade must also be chosen wisely for higher penetration of light.
Ans: It is of utmost importance to choose only the most appropriate bulb for your lamp because one wrong bulb might just make your entire room look pale and dull. Various go to bulbs are LED 2700K, 3000K, 4000 K. It is also important to pay close attention to the color of the bulbs while selecting.
- 8 Best Books for Quantitative Aptitude Tests in Competitive Exams
- 8 Best English Speaking Book in Hindi
- Top 10 Best Fountain Pens in India