Hand blenders are perfect devices when you want to make some smoothies, milkshake, or puree inside a pot or bowl, without having to transfer the whole content to a blender jar. This is the reason they are also known as immersion blenders or even stick blenders owing to their shape.
These are perfect appliances when the quantity of food you are dealing with is not much. We will review some of the best hand blenders available in the market, in this article.
Table of Contents
Things to Consider When Buying a Blender
1. Power of Motor:
- You can know this by checking the watts. Generally, blenders have 100-500 watts but you can choose the one based on your requirement. For example, if you just want to make purees or blend, then 100-150 Watt motor is enough. 200-250 Watt is needed for chopping purposes. In case you have a need for heavy-duty works like crushing ice, then choose a blender with 500 Watt motor.
2. Quality of Material:
- Some blenders come with a metal shaft and in some cases, it is made of plastic. If your requirement is using blenders in hot pots then always choose one with metal shafts. For dealing with food at room temperature or lower temperature, plastic shafts can be chosen. Besides this, the durability of plastic is less compared to those made of stainless steel components.
3. Weight of The Blender:
- Since the blender will be operated using hand, it is important to see if it is lightweight. Because, those which weigh heavier will result in fatigue after using just for a short duration and ultimately you won’t feel it to be a worthy device.
Best Hand Blenders in India
1. Kent SS-16044 Hand Blender
This is a high-speed hand blender of silver color, with a stylish look. It is easy to handle. With it, you can quickly complete the cooking process involving hot or cold ingredients.
- 400 Watt power. It works in 220 – 240 volts.
- Body made of stainless steel.
- Compact design.
- The shaft can be detached.
- The product has a 1-year warranty from the purchase date.
2. Philips HL1655/00 Hand Blender
This is a sleek white color blender. You can run it for more time when the quantity of food involved is more. It is suitable for both hot and cold ingredients.
- 250 Watt power with 1800 RPM, 50Hz frequency, works on 230 volts.
- Rust-resistant stainless steel arm.
- Two efficient blades or whisking and whipping, are removable.
- It comes with a wall bracket for storage.
- 2-year warranty on product.
3. INALSA Robot Inox 1000 Hand Blender
This is a perfect lightweight and slip-proof hand blender available in silver and back color. It has additional functionalities such as chopping and whisking besides blending, making it perfect for many kinds of food.
- Powerful 1000 Watt DC motor.
- Attachment is available for whisking and chopping.
- LED light for indicating working conditions.
- 2 pin plug.
- There is a hanging loop for easy drying and storage.
- Detachable stainless steel stem.
- 2 Year Warranty on the product.
4. Prestige PHB Hand Blender
This is a white and silver color stick-designed hand blender, perfect for churning various types of food such as chutney, mayonnaise, salsa; and drinks as well such as soups, smoothies, among others.
- 140 Watt power, operates on 230 volts and 50 Hz supply.
- It has a 2-touch adjustable speed.
- 1-year warranty on the product.
- The blending rod is made up of food-grade stainless steel.
5. Philips 1363 Hand Blender
This is a sleek and stylish hand blender of white and lavender color with a powerful motor.
- 600-watt power motor.
- Double action blade.
- It has a soft-touch grip and buttons.
6. Morphy Richards HBCP Hand Blender
This is an efficient and lightweight hand blender of white color that is perfect for saving time and energy. It has a comfortable grip, making it convenient to operate.
- 400 Watt power motor.
- Soft push buttons with 2 speeds.
- 2-year warranty on the product.
- Shaft made of plastic.
- Leg can be detached easily. Easy locking system.
7. Maharaja Turbomix King Hand Blender
This is an elegant white and red color hand blender with a unique body design to ensure total convenience during operation. It is powerful enough to make a range of food such as smoothies, purees, food for babies. The accessories with sharp blades ensure doing other tasks such as chopping vegetables like onions, dry fruits, among others. It is good for everyday use.
- 350-watt motor, operating on 230 volts and 50 Hz frequency.
- Easily detachable foot made of metal.
- 2 years warranty on product and 2 years warranty on the motor.
Hand Blender Buying Guide – How To Buy The Best Hand Blender?
Here is the extensive guide for selecting a good hand blender for using in kicten to make perfect consistency soups, smoothies, and purees.
This is an important aspect of the appliance to feel that your device is worth your investment. In order to save yourself for the time taking tasks of blending, and chopping, you are getting these products. So, if it is not comfortable to use, the purpose of getting it won’t be met. In this, the positioning of the power and control buttons also plays a major role. Hence make sure if it has an ergonomic design and lightweight (less than 2kg) so that you can easily operate it for a longer time.
2. Cordless Blenders with Good Battery Backup:
Generally, blending takes around 2-3 minutes to be done. When you are choosing for cordless blenders, see how long the battery can provide backup. It should be capable enough to last till one blending job is done because if it stops in midway, you will be stuck in your work.
3. The Option of Different Speed Controls:
In the case of veggies with hard texture such as carrots, onions, radish among others, speed matters a lot in order to chop well. Other tasks like making smoothies and purees can be done at a low speed too. So, check if there is a variable speed control option in the blender , otherwise, it won’t be versatile. Even if you have to pay a little more for this option, go for it, because you will find it a lot useful in the long run.
4. The Efficiency of The Motor:
Motor forms an important part of the appliance. If it has good efficiency, then you will need less time for blending, pureeing chopping your food.to get a smooth consistency easily. There will be no chunks at the end as they have the potential to accomplish tough blending tasks too.
5. The Fineness of Blending and Cage Type:
This is ensured by the cage of the blender which has the blades. A perfect blender should have well-made cutouts and gaps to make sure enough circulation for the best results. Avoid blenders with solid cages as the food will get trapped in them in the blending process.
When a cage is made of plastic, it will trap heat inside which is not good. So it is not a good option even if it is gentle on the nonstick cookware. Those blenders with a cage made of stainless steel having silicone edge are best for avoiding damage to utensils and best outcomes.
6. The Material of Shaft:
Metal material is a more durable material for shaft with respect to plastic. also, it is resistant to stains. Since the shaft will be dipped into the food, metal is preferable because it won’t lose it shine and look even after using for a long time, unlike plastic.
7. The Material of The Blade:
Avoid buying blenders with blades made of plastic as they are not durable and their sharpness will also decrease with time. Good quality stainless steel blades that are thick and sturdy last long and perform well in the long run.
8. Length of Blender:
When it is long, you can use it in deeper pots. So, based on the quantity of food with which you are going to use it, select the blender. Another factor to be considered is the ease of operation. Tall blenders may not be very easy to handle. If a regular length blender is enough for your needs, better go for it.
9. The Convenience of Cleaning:
A blender would be durable if you keep it clean. Those with a removable wand for blending is a better option because this prevents chances of water entering the motor when you are cleaning the appliance.
10. Overheating Issue:
Certain models of blenders available at a lower price generally result in accumulation of heat just after using for very little time. This will damage the appliance and it will not be worth using anymore. So, select a blender that has heat vents to avoid this issue by dispersing the heat.
The most common brands for blenders in India are Philips, Prestige, Morphy Richards, Orpat, Bajaj, Panasonic. Different models come with different features and accessories. So you can opt for any of these for a good deal.
Blenders are available from Rs. 1500 to as high as Rs. 6000 with various features. Decide your budget and then select the one that has the best functionality as per your needs.
13. Warranty and After Sale Service:
Blenders of renowned brands are available at a 1 or 2-year warranty though some high-end products have more than this too. Avoid getting those without warranty as there is a high probability of these products getting damaged soon. Also, in the case of good brands, the after-sale service is good so in case of any issue also, the customer won’t have to face a lot of trouble.
It is important to ensure that blenders are purchased thoughtfully keeping all the guidelines in mind to have a value for money deal.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Ans: No, you should not do this as the motor might get damaged. Blenders with closed jars and heavy watts can be used for this.
Ans: Use a low-speed setting while blending hot liquid items to avoid getting burns through hot spatters.
Overheating can be avoided by using the motor for 1 min at a stretch and taking a break.
Veggies and foods which are stringy must be avoided while using blenders to avoid the strings from getting stuck in the cage and blade. This will have a much negative impact on the motor. If at all you are stuck in such a situation, use forks for removing the strings to avoid getting cut by the blade.
Wipe off the motor base with a damp cloth. Use mild soapy water to clean any stuck food particle.
Ans: No, you need to check the labels before use if you want to clean the blender using your dishwasher.
- Best Bullet Blenders in India
- Best Smoothie Blenders in India
- Best Hand Mixers in India
- Best Manual(Hand Press) Juicers in India
- Best Milk Frother In India